Friday, January 6, 2012

it's the size of a blueberry

I had a feeling something was going on when two things happened 1) I cried when Danny said "promise to never stop loving me." and 2) when I woke up around 330am one morning to go to the bathroom...I NEVER do that.  Well, surprise-surprise, now it's a daily routine- as I'm 7 1/2 weeks or so pregnant.  I would KINDLY appreciate you, if you're reading this, to not mention anything about it until I reveal it to the world....you readers, have a golden ticket as to what's happening in the next few weeks...and btw, THANK YOU!! Yes, we're super excited!!  Although I wasnt too sure in the beginning LOL let me explain...
I figured "what the heck" I'm a few days late, I'll just take a test to see what happens.  I didn't even pee on it for the required "5 seconds for an accuarate read," and hopped into the shower.  As I'm conditioning my hair, I took a peek, and sure enough there were TWO pink lines, indicating- pregnant!  I'm dancing in the shower, thinking "oh my gosh oh my gosh...finally GOD has given me a gift of life"
I concealed the test in my sock from the bathroom across the hall to my room, just in case I ran into someone suddenly.  Danny was scanning good old status updates via facebook, and I was trying to think of a creative way to show him the good news...all I could think of was sticking it right in his face, he looked at it, and flung it across the room, and said "don't bullshit like that"...I immediately started laughing at his reaction, and said "I'm not!!" Obviously he thinks it's still a joke of some sort as I'm trying to hold a sincere stare, and say to him "I promise it's mine, I just took it."  "Are you fucking serious?" he asked.  I began to giggle, and shook my head yes...he still didnt believe me, as my sister is 13 weeks along, and thought it was hers.  I took him by the hand and say "Babe, I swear to GOD this is mine, I just took it-" there was a long pause as he gazed into my eyes trying to find the truth, I said "We're going to have a baby!"  "Oh my gosh!! Are you serious? Really!! You swear?  Oh my gosh!!  I love you" is what he said.  I sat in his lap, and we held each other in a silent happiness in what felt like a lifetime but it was probably a good 5 minutes.
You have NO idea how hard it is to hold something this joyous in (as a secret), although I have been dropping hints here and there, nobody seems to have caught on just yet.  I just want to make sure I get through the 1st trimester, before I make any announcements, so we'd greatly appreciate it if you kept us in your prayers.  Thank GOD, and thank you. :)

No comments: